Pages

Sunday, July 21, 2013

At Home Gym...Dorm/Apartment Style


Between exams, papers, and so forth...finding the time to fit in an effective workout is very limited.  Waking up early to fit in a workout has always sounded appealing, but climbing out of bed to get my booty to the gym is one of the hardest things to conquer. 

I am very blessed this year to be moving into an apartment building where we have accessibility to a gym (though equipment is somewhat limited), but sometimes I feel like it takes twenty cups of coffee for me just to lift myself out of bed…better yet go to the gym even if it is only five floors down.


So for the days where we feel our laziest here are a few workout items that would be great to bring to the dorm/apartment:

1.    Your own body
a.    You can use your own weight for strength training whether it is pushups, planks, squats, and so forth.
2.    Dumbbells
a.    I absolutely love my dumbbells!  You might be able to even call it a slight obsession.  I have 5, 8, and 10 pound dumbbells and my favorite part is they are all different colors! It is a great and inexpensive way of creating a mini at home gym that doesn’t take up too much space.  I normally keep mine stacked up in my room in the corner. The best part is it adds some variety to workouts too.
3.   Jump Rope
a.    Though I can’t do this in my room (maybe somewhere in the apartment) they are a relatively cheap item that helps incorporate cardio into the workout. 
4.    Stability Ball
a.    Another thing I absolutely love!  Though space could be an issue it is possible there is room under you desk or in some shelf…maybe.  I actually will not be able to take one.
5.   Resistance Bands
a.    They come in a variety of resistance levels (and colors haha) and can target many muscle groups.
6.    Kettlebells
a.    Great for building strength and getting the heart rate going.  Once again they are easy to store!  I love doing squats with these, because they really burn the booty!  

Let me know if you have any recommended at home gym items and ways to stay fit:)

--Mer


No comments:

Post a Comment